Whether you’re recycling our pill pots or planting a tree with your order, we want to make sustainability as simple as possible. This guide to our environmental goals, progress and future plans is the perfect way to kickstart your responsible supplement journey. This is wellness for you and the planet.
In this blog, you’ll find information about our three Sustainability Goals:
Goal 1: Strengthening Our Supply Chain
As an invaluable part of our business, our supply chain ensures our products are sourced, processed and delivered sustainably. Our responsibilities range from reducing waste during the transportation of goods to protecting our workers through human rights policies.
- 100% of our deliveries are CarbonNeutral® certified. This means we’ve offset our operational emissions and reduced our net carbon footprint.
- Our parent company THG has stopped using non-recyclable bubble wrap in our fulfilment centres globally. This saves almost 9 tonnes of plastic per year.
- All of our cardboard packaging is FSC certified and responsibly sourced.
- All of our suppliers will commit to THG’s ethical sourcing standards.
- THG will have offset all direct historical emissions, and we will have reduced our water use in operations by 30%.
Learn more about our CarbonNeutral® certification here:
Goal 2: Protecting Climate & Nature
We’re committed to preserving natural resources and reducing waste in all areas of our business. This includes making it easier for you to recycle and reuse all Myvitamins products.
- Myvitamins pill bottles, tubs and lids are fully recyclable.
- Our pill bottles contain 50% recycled plastic.
- We’re a member of the UK’s Plastic Pact, a collaborative initiative working to create a circular economy for plastics.
- Our 2021 label recycling initiative let us recycle 120 tonnes of label backing so far. That’s equivalent to 1300 trees.
- 100% of our packaging will be recyclable or reusable.
- There will be zero waste to landfill by THG’s operations.
- THG’s operations will transition to 100% renewable electricity.
Find out more about how we’re eliminating plastic waste here:
Goal 3: Empowering People & Communities
Along with making progress on our environmental goals, our sustainability mission includes our people. We want to educate our customers and staff to make informed decisions about their health.
Myvitamins’ partnership with charity rePurpose has allowed us to reach Plastic Neutral status, whilst building a waste management system in Chennai India that has opened up employment opportunities for workers.
- Our rePurpose partnership has created jobs and increased income levels for Chennai inhabitants, with 11 more workers receiving financial capital this year.
- We work hard to simplify your health journey. We partner with dermatologists and nutritionists to provide expert health advice.
- To work with rePurpose to continue the growth of our waste management facility in India, donating a percentage of every Myvitamins sale to this cause.
- To support staff, customer and global opportunities, leading initiatives to teach technology and live skills.
- By 2025, we’ll offer two days of volunteering per year to every THG employee.
For more information about Myvitamins and rePurpose, take a look at this article: