We’re excited to share that our parent company THG, has acquired tree plantation company, More:Trees. As of June 2021, this partnership will let you plant a tree with every Myvitamins purchase. Here’s everything you need to know.
What Is More:Trees?
Since 2016, an estimated 28 million hectares of forest have been cut down each year. That’s one football pitch of trees per second. (1) With the plantation of trees all over the world, More:Trees not only combats deforestation, but it also helps to lower carbon dioxide levels – one of the biggest drivers of climate change.
Find out more about the effects of carbon emissions in our blog:
Or, to calculate your own carbon footprint, click here.
The Benefits Of Tree Plantation
Planting as little as one tree can have more benefits than you might think:
- Trees help to nourish the planet, cleaning the air, improving soil quality and regulating rainfall to reduce flooding.
- Tree plantation can reduce poverty through providing work. The consequent improved crop yield can help to generate sources of income and support the local economy.
- When reversing the impacts of deforestation, tree planting restores animal habitats, helping to purify their water sources and replenish the soil.
How Can You Get Involved?
To mark the start of this new partnership, THG has pledged to plant 1 million trees this year. To help us achieve this, we’re giving you two trees per purchase – one for you and one for a friend. It couldn’t be easier to get started. Simply follow the steps below:
- Once you’re ready to purchase your supplements, add a tree to your basket.
- You’ll automatically receive an email to confirm that your tree will be planted on the More:Trees platform within 14 days.
- If you’d like to plant a tree for a friend, simply sign up to More:Trees and use code MVTREEEN.
Shop the Myvitamins range here and get planting! If you’d like to know more about our other sustainability initiatives, take a look at our blog articles: