Smoothies are full of nutrients, like iron and vitamins. But did you know that shop-bought smoothies can also be full of calories and sugar? Making your own smoothies at home can give you more control over what goes into your drink. Try one of our vegan smoothie recipes for yourself. They’re quick, easy, and full of goodness.
Vegan Smoothie Recipes
- 1 Banana (ripe or frozen)
- 52 g Cucumber
- 180-240 ml Coconut/Almond/Soy Milk (less for thicker smoothie, more for thinner smoothie)
- 30 g Spinach or Kale (fresh and frozen)
- 10 g Spirulina Powder
- 10 g Hemp Seeds
- 1 Scroop of Brown Rice Protein Powder (can be left out if desired)
- For Serving: 37 g frozen or fresh blueberries (optional)
- For Serving: 40 g granola (optional)
- In a blender add the banana (ripe or frozen), cucumber, coconut/almond/soy milk, spinach/kale, spirulina, and hemp seed.
- Blend until creamy and smooth. If too thick, thin with water or more coconut/almond/soy milk. If too thin, thicken with ice or more frozen banana/spinach/kale.
- Add protein of choice (flavoured or unflavoured) and blend until mixed.
- Serve immediately and top with blueberries, granola, and more hemp seeds, if desired.
- Any leftovers? Keep in refrigerator up to 2 days or the freezer for 1 week.