With the pressures of modern life, we could all do with a way to boost energy levels. I have lost count of the times I have hit the afternoon slump – sitting at my desk with heavy eyes, reaching for another coffee. If you’re struggling with the same feelings, then I’m here to tell you that feelings of tiredness and fatigue don’t have to be the norm.
Recently, I made a few simple changes to my day-to-day life that helped me to boost energy levels. I followed 5 simple tips to help me fight fatigue…
Tips To Boost Energy
- Get enough sleep – It can be difficult to get enough sleep. But sleep is directly linked to feeling tired and fatigued.
Did you know that sleeping from 1 am to 9 am is not thought to be as restorative as sleeping from 10 pm to 6 am?
- Avoid caffeine – While caffeine can give us a short boost, it can leave us feeling even more tired than before.
Did you know that refined sugar can also cause fluctuations in blood sugar levels, which can cause energy levels to plummet?
- Relax – It may be hard to switch off, but time to unwind is an important factor in how energetic you feel.
Try setting 20 minutes aside every day just to relax. Read a book, have a bath, listen to music.
- Exercise – While strenuous exercise can zap all your energy stores, gentle exercise can boosts endorphins and energy levels.
Try going for a walk or doing yoga instead of reaching for coffee.
- Eat well – The right nutrients can help to provide the cells in your body with enough energy to function.
Did you know that drinking water can also affect your energy levels? Being dehydrated can fatigue your body.
3 Nutrients To Boost Energy
It is probably no shock that vitamins and nutrients have a big impact on how energetic we feel. We often hear about the importance of iron and vitamin B12, but other vitamins can help to boost energy too.