It’s a new year and chances are that over the Christmas period you may have over- indulged whether this is from alcohol, food or a lack of exercise! Here are our top tips for detoxing and the top 5 related health benefits.
1. Remove toxins from your body with antioxidants – Along with being exposed to environmental toxins, our bodies contain chemicals known as free radicals which can have damaging effects on body protein, cell membranes and genetic materials (DNA). When genetic material is damaged, mutations can occur which is believed to be the main mechanism that triggers cancer. Long term exposure to increased levels of toxins and free radicals affects our metabolism, behaviour, immune system and can lead to disease. A healthy combination of antioxidants can help neutralise this harmful chemicals.
2. Enhance immune function – A period of excess can negatively impact your immune system. The correct combination of vitamins can give your immune system the boost it needs. Our range of immune boosting vitamins is the perfect choice.
3. Lose weight – Toxins can be harmful to your wellbeing by increasing the risk of illness and disease and they also negatively impact body weight. They are known to affect the metabolism of fat cells leading to potential weight gain. Using vitamins with antioxidant properties can rid toxins stored within fat cells and kick start your weight loss.
4. Slow premature ageing – Ageing can occur as a result of damage due to the gradual build-up of normal toxin by-products or inefficient repair over the course of your life. Premature ageing can also occur as a result of the excessive presence of toxins from smoking, alcohol and consumption of processed foods and pollutants. Antioxidants supplements can help keep the presence of toxins under check and reduce the ageing process.
5. Restore balance to your body – When your body is overloaded with unhealthy food, alcohol and there is a drastic change to our daily routines, the digestive, nervous and hormonal systems don’t work as well. These systems were designed to function effectively together for optimum health and when they don’t illness can occur. Balance your body’s systems with a hit of antioxidants.
Try these top picks for your New Year Detox…
Acai Berry – Containing Acai Berry extract from the ‘super food’ berry of the same name, this supplement has greater antioxidant capabilities than dark chocolate and Goji berries. Regular consumption has been seen to increase the antioxidant levels in the blood by two to three times.
Vitamin B complex – This high-strength blend of B vitamins boosts your body’s energy production, cognitive function and supports a healthy immune system. Additionally, B vitamins provide protective antioxidants helpful in the breakdown and removal of toxins.
Vitamin C with bioflavonoids & rosehip – Not only does vitamin C boost immune function, it neutralises intermediate toxins whilst working hand-in-hand with other vitamins to breakdown and remove toxins from the body. Through doing so it is effective in limiting damage to the body from free radicals.