Health & Fitness

The Best 3 Vitamins For Menopause UK

We very often get asked if there are there vitamins for menopause? The simple answer is YES! Some vitamins have been shown to help support your body through the menopause, including turmeric, probiotics, CO-Q10, and soy.

Our bodies need vitamins and minerals for a range of functions. They can be affected by and affect the levels of our hormones, so its no surprise that vitamins can be linked to menopause.  Research has shown that increasing your intake of certain vitamins, either by consuming supplements or by increasing the level of them in your food, may help to reduce the unwanted symptoms of menopause.

So what are these vitamins for menopause and how can they help you?


What is Menopause?

The menopause is a time of hormonal change in a woman’s life, often between ages 45-55. The body gradually stops producing oestrogen, which affects the way that the female physiology behaves. This can result in a range of often unwelcome symptoms.


What Are The Symptoms?

Although 30% of women are lucky enough to feel no symptoms during the transition, the other 70% of us feel the physical and psychological effect of the hormonal change. This can include:

  • Hot flushes
  • Night Sweats
  • Insomnia
  • Mood alterations
  • Libido changes
  • Irregular or no periods
  • Dry skin
  • Weight gain
  • Aches and pains

Environmental factors and lifestyle choices can affect menopausal symptoms. The amount you exercise, smoke, drink, and stress can all impact the symptoms that occur during menopause.


Are There Vitamins For Menopause

Popular management of symptoms can involve Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), acupuncture, herbal supplements, reflexology, and vitamin use. Unfortunately, there are no vitamins that are approved for reducing menopausal symptoms. However, some vitamins can support parts of our body that are responsible for those pesky hot flushes, aches, pains, and irritability. Boosting intake of certain vitamins may, therefore, be able to support areas of the body that are typically associated with menopausal symptoms.

Scientific studies have shown that phytoestrogens, like soy and resveratrol, may help to reduce menopause symptoms like hot flashes and night sweat

Here are our top 3 vitamins for menopause:

  1. A Probiotic
    Buy now with myvitamins

    A Probiotic

    Gut bacteria can fluctuate immensely from the stress of the menopause. This imbalance can cause other unwelcome symptoms like bloating, discomfort, and digestive problems. It can also prevent your gut from absorbing nutrients from other vitamins and foods, so its a good idea to start your supplementation with a probiotic.

    Buy now with free delivery
  2. Turmeric
    Buy now with myvitamins


    The active ingredient in Turmeric is called Curcumin. It has traditionally been used for anti-inflammatory effects, but can be difficult for the body to absorb. For best absorption rates, turmeric should be taken with black pepper or Bioperine, which is blended into the myvitamins Turmeric capsules.

    Buy now with free delivery
  3. CO- Q10
    Buy now with myvitamins

    CO- Q10

    Some treatments, such as HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and blood pressure can deplete our natural levels of Co-Q10. This naturally occurring co-enzyme can protect against cell damage, so it is important to maintain good levels in the body. Supplementing with Co-Q10 can help to promote the production of energy in our cells.

    Buy now with free delivery

Katie Lambert

Katie Lambert

Writer and expert

After studying History at The University of Leeds, Katie moved back to her home town of Manchester to start a career in content writing. Katie has a passion for health and fitness and enjoys running in her spare time. Her favourite topics to write about include healthy recipes, performance strategies and general wellbeing.