Conventional, shop bought cereals tend to be loaded with sugar, salt and saturated fat – whipping up your own Granola at home is a cheap and easy way to avoid loading up on these unnecessary and unhealthy additives. Our myvitamins homemade Granola is made using rolled oats, coconut oil, and a variety of nuts, seeds and dried fruit to give you a healthy energy boost for whatever the day throws at you. It is also high in fibre, protein, omega-3, magnesium, potassium, zinc and many other essential vitamins and minerals. Mix and match your favourite ingredients such as pumpkin seeds, almonds, chia seeds, cacao nibs, coconut curls and dried fruit to suit whatever you prefer!
- 200g of whole rolled oats
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 40g chopped almonds
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 40g chia seeds
- 40g cacao nibs
- A sprinkle of coconut curls
- Place the oats, honey, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and almonds into a bowl and mix.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet and bake at 180°c for 10 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Add the coconut curls, cacao nibs and dried cranberry.
- Keep in an airtight container for 2 weeks and enjoy your tasty, nutritious breakfast, yum!