If you’re a singleton, look away. February 14th is only just round the corner which means one thing – lovey-dovey couples with hearts in their eyes are getting ready to pounce. Heart-shaped biscuits, mushy Facebook posts and frilly cards are soon to be dished out amongst your peers and yep, there’s no getting away from it.
On the flip side, if you are lucky enough to have a loved one, you’ll be overjoyed to know it’s soon to be Valentine’s Day. It’s a chance you’ll get to show your partner you mean business, or at least to remind them how much of a strapping young lad or bonny lass you are. That’s why our healthy Valentine’s Day bakes are definitely not to be missed.
Forget the chocolate covered strawberries, our beaut range of world-class Valentine’s Day bakes will make your other half weak at the knees after just one bite (and will keep them happy and healthy too!). Try them out for size and see how easy these bakes can fit into your special day this year.
Healthy Valentine’s Day Bakes
Clean Eating Raw Brownies
Make these with just a few ingredients: myvitamins Organic Cacao Liquor Buttons, myvitamins Organic Cacao Powder and myvitamins Organic Cacao Nibs rolled oats, peanut butter and apple sauce for a healthy, decadent, gooey raw brownie. Decorate with chopped raspberries for a taste of the truly divine.
See the full recipe here
Raw Chocolate Ice Cream
This recipe only takes bananas, maple syrup, myvitamins Maca Powder and myvitamins Cacao Powder to make an incredibly creamy and delicious ice cream that will get you and your loved one’s heart’s a-racing.
- 2 frozen bananas (freeze 3 hours before)
- 1 tbsp myvitamins Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp myvitamins Maca Powder
- This one is easy. Just add the frozen bananas, cacao, maca and syrup to a blender and pulse until smooth and free of lumps. Do this for only a few minutes and you’ll have beautifully healthy ice cream ready to serve!
Healthy Ferrero Rocher Balls
Using myvitamins Chocolate Liquor buttons, coconut oil, hazelnut butter, chopped hazelnuts and Real Health Manuka Honey, this recipe is so good you’ll be fighting over the last one this Feb 14th!
- 100g myvitamins Chocolate Liquor buttons
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp hazelnut butter
- 6 tbsp chopped hazelnuts, cacao powder or desiccated coconut to top
- 12 whole hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp Real Health Manuka honey
- 80g 80% dark chocolate (melted) to decorate
- 6 tbsp ground hazelnuts to decorate
- In a heat-proof bowl, melt together the Chocolate Liquor buttons, the hazelnut butter, coconut oil and Manuka honey over a pan of simmering water.
- Once melted, add the chopped hazelnuts with a pinch of salt and leave to cool slightly.
- Pop in the fridge and leave to set for 3 hours.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop out the mixture, press a whole hazelnut into the middle and roll into a ball.
- Do this 12 times with the mixture and then chill in the freezer on a baking tray for an hour.
- Melt the dark chocolate and mix in ground hazelnuts, cacao powder or desiccated coconut. Dip each ball into the coating and freeze again until the chocolate is set.
- Then serve up! (and fight to the death).