According to National Geographic, 79% of plastic waste currently ends up in landfills. Only 9% of this is recycled and 12% gets incinerated. (1) At Myvitamins, we want to make recycling our products as simple as possible. That’s why we’ve launched Recycle:Me. Read on to find out how you can get involved.
What Is Recycle:Me?
Through our Recycle:Me scheme, you can send your plastic vitamin empties back to us for free and we work with our recycling partner, Storm Board, to transform them into recycled materials for social projects. These include children’s playgrounds & refugee shelters.
Here’s how it works:
- Remove the label from your pill pots and collect them ready for posting. You can send us any form of plastic packaging, whether it’s a pot, tub, pouch, spray or packet. We also take empties from other brands!
- In partnership with Hermes and InPost, complete your online returns form here and send us your plastics free of charge.
- We work with Storm Board to turn your empties into environmentally friendly products, that will support social projects all over the UK.
Get started with Recycle:Me here.
‘Storm Board recycles the unrecyclable. We create a circular economy of waste whilst lowering the impact on our already strained environment.’ Nick Stillwell, MD of Storm Board
Why Should I Use Recycle:Me?
- It Reduces Your Carbon Footprint
When you use Recycle:Me, you’re reducing the amount of waste going into landfills and oceans globally. This scheme is a great first step to supporting a sustainable planet.
- It Supports Social Projects
Once you’ve returned your plastics to us, they’re heated at a high temperature and pressed into a 100% recycled board. This material is then used to support projects, helping to create furniture, refugee shelters or playground equipment.
- It’s Easy & Free
With this new scheme, recycling couldn’t be easier. Simply follow the steps above and post your empties to us totally free of charge.
What You Can Recycle:
You can send us any Myvitamins empties, including pill pots, tubs, sachets, sprays and packets. If you’re unsure whether it can be recycled, send it back to us anyway and we’ll do the rest.
What You Can’t Recycle:
We’ll take recycling from other brands, but please don’t send:
- Glass bottles.
- Metal products.
- General waste.
If you need anymore information, take a look at our FAQs here.
Our Recycle:Me scheme is just one part of our Sustainability projects. Find out more about our commitments below: