The summer is here, and so are the smoothies! Are you one of the many whom aren’t sure how to best use Spirulina in a smoothie – or simply just struggling with finding that delicious taste? Dont’t worry – we’ve got you covered! Our Wonder-Green Spirulina Smoothie is easy and quick to make, full of the best nutrition and best of all – leave you wanting more!
- 1 Banana (ripe or frozen)
- 52 g Cucumber
- 180-240 ml Coconut/Almond/Soy Milk (less for thicker smoothie, more for thinner smoothie)
- 30 g Spinach or Kale (fresh and frozen)
- 10 g Spirulina Powder
- 10 g Hemp Seeds
- 1 Scroop of Brown Rice Protein Powder (can be left out if desired)
- For Serving: 37 g frozen or fresh blueberries (optional)
- For Serving: 40 g granola (optional)
- In a blender add the banana (ripe or frozen), cucumber, coconut/almond/soy milk, spinach/kale, spirulina, and hemp seed.
- Blend until creamy and smooth. If too thick, thin with water or more coconut/almond/soy milk. If too thin, thicken with ice or more frozen banana/spinach/kale.
- Add protein of choice (flavoured or unflavoured) and blend until mixed.
- Serve immediately and top with blueberries, granola, and more hemp seeds, if desired.
- Any leftovers? Keep in refrigerator up to 2 days or the freezer for 1 week.
Have you made your ‘Wonder-Green Spirulina Smoothie’ yet? We’d love to get your opinions, feedback and comments.