As part of our #NiceNotNaughty Christmas, we’ve been taking the naughty out of your favourite recipes to ensure you have a clean Christmas, without compromising on taste. Our vegan mince pies are a gluten free, dairy free, and all round healthier alternative to your favourite Christmas treat. Impress your friends and family this festive period by following our simple steps to making this heavenly, healthy treat, without the extra calories!
For the pastry:
For the filling:
- 2 apples
- 100g raisins
- 100g sultanas
- 100g dried cranberries
- the juice of 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Starting with the mince; chop up the apples and place them in a saucepan with all the other ingredients.
- Place over the heat and leave them to simmer for 30 minutes until the apples are soft.
- While the mince cooks, get started on the pastry – place all the ingredients in the food processor and whizz up for a minute until everything is blended together into a ball
- Roll out the pastry a cm thick and cut into circular shapes using a pastry cutter.
- Heat the oven to 180°c
- Grease a muffin tin tray with coconut oil and place the pastry into the moulds. Cut out star shapes using the remaining pastry
- Bake the tray and stars in the oven for 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Take them out and add 2 teaspoons of mince into each mould. Place a star on the top.
- Cook for a further 8 minutes, then leave to cool for 20 minutes and enjoy!