If you’ve seen those shocking images flying around the internet of ‘what really goes into a jar of Nutella’ then you’ll know that conventional recipes are loaded with both sugar and palm oil; not something I’d recommend you ate. Opting for our healthy Nutella recipe will save you over 100g sugar (per jar) and provide you with a wealth of essential nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium and zinc! Made into delicious bites of energy, these gooey treats make for a perfect post-gym refuel or afternoon snack, so give them a try!
Maca Nutella Energy Balls
Chocolate sauce (optional):
- Blend up your almond meal with the desiccated coconut (if you don’t have almond meal you can make it by grounding up whole almonds).
- Add all the remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir with a spoon until well combined.
- Place mixture into the freezer to set.
- While the mixture is setting, time to make the chocolate sauce! (This part is optional but it tastes great so I highly recommend!).
- Melt the coconut oil and honey together, add the cacao and mix until full blended.
- Take the mixture out of the freezer and roll into small balls using the palm of your hands.
- Drop them into the chocolate mixture and place them in the fridge to set.
- Enjoy! They’ll keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.