Avocados. They’re everywhere these days, we eat them with practically everything, but have you ever thought about adding them to your morning smoothie? You may be thinking ew, right? But don’t be put off by their typically savoury nature – these deliciously creamy fruits are beautifully subtle and have some pretty amazing health benefits too. They’re not only great for your skin, brain and blood pressure, they’re also low in carbs and high in healthy fats, potassium and vitamin A, C and E – believe us when we say they’ll transform your smoothie game!
Benefits of avocados
- High in potassium (they’ve actually got more potassium than bananas!)
- Low in carbs
- High in vitamin A, C, E
- High in the antioxidants beta carotene and lutein
- Good for the skin
- Increased satiety
- Great for boosting brain power
Avocado Smoothie recipe
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein (whey or soy).
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 100g frozen (or fresh) mango
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 handful of spinach
- 350ml almond milk (soy, oat, rice, or hemp milk are also fine)
Place all the ingredients into a smoothie maker and blend until a thick creamy texture is made. If it’s too thick to drink, add a little more water or almond milk, and enjoy!